Veterans at Rutgers
Rutgers supports veterans and military-affiliated students pursuing a college degree
5 Reasons Veterans Choose Rutgers
Veterans and military-affiliated students choose Rutgers for the same reasons many others do: the university's vast array of educational offerings, huge alumni network, and proximity to major job markets are all big benefits. But there are a few specific draws to Rutgers for military-affiliated students, including:
- Reputation - Rutgers is dedicated to facilitating a smooth transition through a wide range of programming and services that address academic needs, promote wellbeing, and enhance the professional development of our military-affiliated population.
- High job placement - more than 80 percent of respondents to a military-affiliated student survey reported finding full-time work after graduating.
- Networking - Rutgers boasts an active membership in STEM Veterans USA, which helps student-veterans find employment in STEM fields. Groups such as RU-Vets, Student Veterans of America (SVA), and the Society of Women Engineers provide additional networking opportunities.
- Strong community - student-veterans have many opportunities to bond and network, including through recreational activities such as lessons with PGA golf pros, kayaking, and rock climbing, funded through the university's Office of Veteran and Military Programs and Services.
- VetSuccess on Campus (VSOC) - run by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, VSOC provides benefits assistance and counseling. A VSOC counselor is on campus at Rutgers.
Transferring GI Bill Benefits to Dependents
Reminder: If you plan to transfer your Post-9/11 GI Bill benefits to a spouse or dependent, you must elect to do so before you leave the armed forces.
Watch: Student-Veterans at Rutgers–Camden
The Office of Military and Veterans Affairs at Rutgers University–Camden supports veterans and active-duty students as they transition to academic life. From scholarships and workshops to assistance navigating the education benefits system, the office provides guidance and aid for those who have served our country.
Find Rutgers Veterans on Facebook
Get connected with the Veterans House at Rutgers and engage with the community online.
Veterans House Live Chat
Ask questions about the student-veteran experience at Rutgers.
Vets4Warriors, housed at the Rutgers University Behavioral Health Care National Call Center, is a 24/7 peer support network for veterans, service members, their families, and caregivers.