Rutgers University Operating Status
The National Weather Service has issued winter storm warnings for the northern half of New Jersey. Forecasts call for a wintry mix. Rain is expected tomorrow in the early morning hours, changing to accumulating snow through Tuesday afternoon.
The university remains open. In response to the weather forecast, the following changes will be made to our operating status for Tuesday, February 13, 2024:
- Classes, to the extent possible, will transition to online – in either synchronous or asynchronous mode. Instructors are asked to communicate their plans directly with their students.
- Department heads are asked to allow remote work where feasible.
- Employees deemed essential will be advised where and when to report by their supervisors.
- Libraries remain open; please check https://www.libraries.rutgers.edu for hours of operation.
- There are no changes to clinical operations.
Please use caution when traveling and remain safe.
For location-specific information:
- Rutgers University–New Brunswick
- Rutgers University–Newark
- Rutgers University–Camden
- Rutgers Health (New Brunswick/Piscataway and Newark)
Social Media Resources
When announcements are made, you will also find campus status information through these sources:
Police and Emergency Resources
- Sign up to receive emergency text alerts by subscribing to Emergency Notification System (NetID required)
- Rutgers Police Department
- Text to RUPD program (For non-emergencies)
- In Case of Emergency: Dial 9-1-1
State and National Information
- NJ Office of Emergency Management
- National Weather Service
- From the New Jersey Agricultural Experiment Station
For more information about the university's policy concerning adverse weather conditions, please visit the Office of Emergency Management's adverse weather information webpage.