Information for Job Seekers
America’s eighth oldest institution of higher learning and a member of the prestigious Association of American Universities, Rutgers is New Jersey’s premier public research university serving more than 67,600 students and employing more than 22,000 faculty and staff in New Brunswick, Newark, and Camden.
Why Work at Rutgers
Joining the Rutgers team is more than a job, it’s an opportunity. The university’s total compensation model is designed to help our employees with their personal and professional growth and well-being.
- Best-in-class benefits
- Named a top employer by Forbes
- Comprehensive health and well being resources
- Competitive retirement benefits
- Professional development opportunities
- University Human Resources
Search faculty, staff, and executive positions; learn about benefits and more.
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
Rutgers is a member of HERC, a free search engine available to anyone seeking employment in higher education.
- Division of Diversity, Inclusion, and Community Engagement
Rutgers–New Brunswick is working to advance diversity and inclusion in recruitment, retention, curriculum, research, and community engagement.
- Student Employment Office
Participate in the Job Location and Development Program by registering through the Handshake app.
- Rutgers Continuing Education
Enhance your skills.
Career and Internship Fair
Rutgers students and alumni can get connected with participating employers to discuss full-time, part-time, and internship opportunities across a wide variety of fields.