October is nationally recognized as Domestic Violence Awareness Month. The community at Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences (RBHS) is asking you to get involved by honoring survivors, speaking up against violence and harassing behaviors, and promoting healthy relationships.
Turn The Campus Purple is the universitywide initiative to bring attention to Domestic Violence Awareness Month, encouraging members of the community to wear purple or use purple disposables within their work sites during the month to support a violence-free environment.
Follow the conversation and get involved on Instagram and Twitter by following @RBHS_VPVA.
Domestic Violence Awareness Month Events
- Silent Witness | Every Friday in October
- Survivor Love Letter | October 5-9
- Turn The Campus Purple | October 12-17
- Domestic Violence Conversation Series | October 8 and 14
- Trauma, COVID, and Supporting Black Survivors | October 15
- Virtual 3K | October 17
- Art, Advocacy, and Healing | October 19