Administrators and staff at Rutgers keep the university running smoothly and moving forward, from university facilities staff who have made Rutgers a national leader in campus recycling to national award-winning dining staff who prepare delicious and nutritious meals at Rutgers’ numerous dining facilities.
Administrative Offices & Departments
Universitywide Administrative Offices
View the A to Z list of administrative units at the New Brunswick Campus or the Newark Campus resources list. Also helpful are the homepages for Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences and Rutgers–Camden.
A sampling of key universitywide offices:
- Department of Risk Management
- Department of University Communications and Marketing
- Division of Grant and Contract Accounting
- New Jersey Agricultural Experiment Station
- Office of Information Technology
- Office of Institutional Diversity and Inclusion
- Office of Institutional Research and Academic Planning
- Office of Research and Sponsored Programs
- Office of Technology Commercialization
- Office of the Senior Vice President and General Counsel
- Rutgers Environmental Health and Safety
- University Human Resources
- University Libraries
Jobs and Enterprise for New Jersey
Office of Technology Commercialization
Rutgers-developed technology and innovation bring jobs and new enterprise to New Jersey and elsewhere and revenue to the university. More than 100 spin-off companies have been created because of Rutgers Office of Technology Commercialization, more than two-thirds of them New Jersey-based. Technologies available for commercialization largely focus on agricultural technologies, biomedical technologies, and information and engineering technologies. They represent a wide range of industries, and their products and services include ultraviolet light sources, energy storage devices, blueberry drinks and extracts, software for equities trading, drug delivery innovations, biomedical devices and technologies, lilies, plastic lumber, anticancer agents, nutraceuticals, transdermal patches, shellfish, distributed software development, powdered metal injection molding systems, sensors, and more.