Rutgers’ nearly $744 million in annual research and development expenditures places us among the nation’s top 30 universities. Federally funded R&D at Rutgers exceeds federal R&D funding at all other New Jersey colleges and universities combined.
Weather Emergency - Level 4 Closure Extended
In response to adverse weather conditions, President Barchi has extended the Level 4 - Weather Emergency Closure for the university commencing Monday, January 26 at 4pm and ending Tuesday, January 27 at 5pm. All day and evening classes are cancelled for Tuesday, January 27. Classes will resume on Wednesday, January 28. During the Level 4 - Weather Emergency Closure:
1. Classes are cancelled.
2. Essential Service Employees are directed to remain at work or to report to work as scheduled during the period of this Level 4 Weather Emergency Closure, unless otherwise directed.
3. Non-Essential Employees shall not report for work during the period of a Level 4 Weather Emergency Closure. In addition, we recognize that weather conditions are different in different areas of the state. If employees desire to leave work today prior to 4pm, they must receive approval from their immediate supervisor and charge appropriate accrued and available leave time for any work time missed.
Please refer to the following adverse weather policies for more details related to weather status declarations and procedures:
* Legacy Rutgers Employees: Attendance During Adverse Weather Conditions
- Policy 60.3.16 (http://policies.rutgers.edu/
* Legacy UMDNJ Employees: Inclement Weather and Emergency Curtailment of Operations - Policy 60.9.58 (http://policies.rutgers.edu/
Additional information about operating status can be found at: