Rutgers’ nearly $744 million in annual research and development expenditures places us among the nation’s top 30 universities. Federally funded R&D at Rutgers exceeds federal R&D funding at all other New Jersey colleges and universities combined.
Thursday, March 5, 2015
Due to local weather conditions, Rutgers University-Camden will be closed until 5pm on Thursday, March 5. Rutgers University-Camden will resume normal operations and classes will be in session after 5pm.
The previous Level 1 - Delayed Opening is still in effect for the remaining Rutgers University locations, excluding RBHS clinical operations. All RBHS clinical operations will be open for normal business hours. The rest of the university will reopen at noon at all locations.
During the Delayed Opening:
1. All classes that are scheduled to begin before noon are cancelled.
2. Essential Service Employees are directed to remain at work or to report to work as scheduled during the period of this Level 1 Delayed Opening, unless otherwise directed.
3. Non-Essential Employees shall not report for work during the period of a Level 1 Delayed Opening. In addition, we recognize that weather conditions are different in different areas of the state. If employees desire to come into work after the university has reopened, or take the rest of the day off from work, they must receive approval from their immediate supervisor and charge appropriate accrued and available leave time for any work time missed.
Please refer to the following adverse weather policies for more details related to weather status declarations and procedures:
* Legacy Rutgers Employees: Attendance During Adverse Weather Conditions - Policy 60.3.16
* Legacy UMDNJ Employees: Inclement Weather and Emergency Curtailment of Operations - Policy 60.9.58
The university will provide updates as conditions warrant.
Additional information can be found at: