Rutgers research keeps business and industry humming in the Garden State and beyond. It’s all about helping businesses get to the next level by connecting them with knowledgeable faculty, staff, and students.
Business & Industry Research Resources
Many Ways to Connect with Researchers
At Rutgers, we welcome fruitful research relationships with business and industry. Here’s how we can help:
- Provide opportunities to sponsor research
- Collaborate with the public and private sectors to grow targeted business sectors
- Produce nonbiased studies to help companies make strategic decisions
- Conduct advanced research sponsored by the private sector, foundations, and government
- Make the latest inventions available for licensing and marketing through technology commercialization
Working with Rutgers: Where to Get Started
Sponsored research is any research conducted at Rutgers that is supported by an external funding entity, such as a private corporation, foundation, or government agency. Our faculty and staff expertise makes Rutgers University–New Brunswick a valued partner for nearly any potential research sponsor.
Rutgers Technology You Can Take to Market
Rutgers–New Brunswick is an economic engine for New Jersey, helping business and industry advance specific goals and creating exciting inventions that the private sector can license and market to improve life in many areas. If you’re looking for the next “big thing,” explore technologies in biomedicine, engineering, and agriculture that Rutgers has available for technology transfer.
- The Office of Technology Commercialization facilitates the transfer to industry of Rutgers-developed technology and encourages partnerships between industry and faculty.
- The Center for Innovative Ventures of Emerging Technologies helps Rutgers faculty and students develop entrepreneurial skills and fosters connections between Rutgers scientists and industry.
With our top-notch people, New Jersey’s most extensive network of research laboratories and facilities, and track record of successful commercialization, we can boost your company’s R&D. Along with low transaction costs and rapid turnaround, you gain access to:
- World-class faculty and research staff
- Specialized high-tech equipment, laboratories, and techniques
- Basic and applied research and consulting services
- A simplified approach to contracts and research agreements
New Jersey Wine Industry Gets a Rutgers Education
Wine enthusiasts may be surprised to hear that some of the top wines in the world are produced in the Garden State. University experts, such as those at the Rutgers University NJ Wine Grape Resource Center are helping the industry grow by advising new vintners on the varieties they should be growing, and offering up-to-date, scientific information they can use to control pests and optimize their production practices.
Access to Critical Insight and Timely Information
Our research mission includes in-depth analysis in areas such as labor, management, economics, and public policy. It's information that can help you anticipate trends and devise competitive strategies.
What’s Next for New Jersey’s Labor, Management, and Workforce
Data that helps business and industry plan for the future. The labor and workforce schools, centers, and institutes below provide business and industry with empirically based studies of workforce, labor, and management trends and issues.
Center and Laboratory Industrial Memberships
Many centers have industrial advisory, sponsor, and member boards that benefit both Rutgers and the business community. Weigh the benefits and consider a role: access to a shared pool of research data, specialized R&D equipment, and labs at competitive rates; visiting scientist options; and close communication with faculty and students whose research is ahead of the curve.
Below is a sampling of Rutgers research entities with industrial advisory boards, memberships, or sponsorships.
- AMIPP Advanced Polymer Center
- Center for Advanced Biotechnology and Medicine
- Center for Advanced Infrastructure and Transportation
- Center for Discrete Mathematics and Theoretical Computer Science
- Center for Supply Chain Management
- Ceramic and Composite Materials Center
- Engineering Research Center for Structured Organic Particulate Systems
- John J. Heldrich Center for Workforce Development
- Strategic Human Resource Leadership Council
- Wireless Information Network Laboratory (WINLAB)
A Go-To Resource for Objective Economic Analysis
Rutgers provides research-based information on labor, management, and workforce concerns, and produces New Jersey’s most highly regarded objective research reports on the state of the regional and national economy—vital information for business and industry decision makers.