Wondering how to research your New Jersey ancestors? Ready to lose weight and eat a healthier diet? Concerned about insect-borne diseases? Looking for an affordable evening of dance, theater, or music? Rutgers has a broad range of resources to serve the needs of the public. Explore what Rutgers University–New Brunswick can do for you.
Information for the Public
At Your Service
Explore these pages of tremendous resources and find out how Rutgers University–New Brunswick can make you, your community, your school, or your family stronger and wiser (and maybe even happier)!
- Agriculture and Environment: Keeping the Garden State Green
- Arts and Culture: At Bargain Prices!
- Continuing Education & Lifelong Learning: A Competitive Edge
- New Jersey History: From Franklinite to the Electric Light
- Pre-K–12 Education: Ready, Set, Learn
- Public Health, Safety, and Nutrition: To Your Health
- Science for the Public: A Well-Informed Citizenry
- Senior Citizen Services: Older, Smarter, and Wiser
- Sports/Recreation: We’ve Got Game
Library and Information Resources
All New Jersey residents are welcome to visit any of the libraries at Rutgers. Browse through our stacks, ask a reference question, or use our online catalog and electronic resources to find the information you need. An online catalog and selected information resources are available from the University Libraries website if you are unable to visit in person.
Looking for a Job?
Learn about Rutgers–New Brunswick Career Services recruitment events that are open to the public: Federal Jobs Career Day, Graduate and Professional School Day, New Jersey Collegiate Career Day, and New Jersey Diversity Career Day. Search the University Human Resources website to learn about employment opportunities at Rutgers.
Rutgers in Your Neighborhood
Take advantage of the many resources and programs Rutgers offers from health services to recreational activities in your community.