Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is the state’s premier public research university educating more than 65,000 undergraduate and graduate students with more than 24,000 full- and part-time faculty and staff on campuses in New Brunswick, Newark, and Camden. The university also serves thousands of individuals through our continuing and global education and online and outreach programs. Founded in 1766, Rutgers is America’s eighth oldest institution of higher learning, a member of the Association of American Universities, and, effective July 1, 2013, a member of the Committee on Institutional Cooperation.
Rutgers seeks the best and brightest candidates to fill senior academic and administrative leadership positions.
Current searches and recent appointments are listed below.
Individuals are being sought for the following key position. Interested candidates should follow the specific search requirements and procedures listed in the attached ads, as application procedures may differ by position.
- Dean of the School of Public Health
- Dean of the School of Health Related Professions
- Dean of the Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
- Peter March Appointed Executive Dean of the School of Arts and Sciences (May 15, 2014)
- Wanda J. Blanchett Appointed Dean of the Graduate School of Education (May 15, 2014)
- Phoebe A. Haddon Appointed Chancellor of Rutgers University-Camden (April 23, 2014)
- Shadd Maruna Appointed Dean of the School of Criminal Justice (April 15, 2014)
- J. Michael Gower Appointed Senior Vice President for Finance (August 29, 2013)
- Nevin E. Kessler Appointed President of Rutgers University Foundation (August 26, 2013)
- Brian L. Strom Appointed Inaugural Chancellor of Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences (July 18, 2013)
- Felicia E. McGinty Appointed as Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs for Rutgers–New Brunswick (July 3, 2013)
- Nancy Cantor to Become Chancellor of Rutgers–Newark Campus on Jan. 1 (June 20, 2013)
- Appointment of Cathryn Potter as Dean of the School of Social Work (June 13, 2013)
- Rutgers Names Julie Hermann Director of Intercollegiate Athletics (May 15, 2013)